Monday, January 16, 2017

OPEN HOUSE


A Meet and Greet with Kara Jameson

Being the new kid at school is never easy, but we're excited to welcome our new agent, Kara Jameson, into the Warth Insurance Agency classroom! While she's learning the ropes of the agency, we want to take time to teach you a little about her.

Don't miss your chance to meet Kara in person! We'll be hosting an Open House in her honor on January 26th from 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. See you there!




The Basics
Name: Kara Jameson
Originally From: Houston, Texas
Years In Burlington: 18
Family: 3 children, 3 cats
Life BEFORE Warth Insurance:  I have spent the last 18 years working at the Burlington Area YMCA, teaching group fitness classes and running the competitive gymnastics and cheerleading department/program.
Why Warth Insurance: After 18 years of gym life - working nights and weekends - it was time to focus on family and their events. After all, my children will only be young once! I don't want to miss family dinners and sporting events.
Other Interests and Hobbies:  I am the head cheerleading coach at Southeastern Community College. I also teach group fitness classes at the YMCA.

A Q&A Session with Kara
1. Who is your hero and why?
My hero(s) consist of those who protect and serve or have served our country daily. I have the utmost gratitude for people who continually put themselves in harms way to protect my family.
 
2. What one event in your childhood had the greatest effect on your life?
Moving. However, this was more than just one event when you living life as a government family. Moving as a child teaches you to become adaptable to your surroundings and to be open minded to all those you meet along the way.  
 
3. If you were not doing what you do today, what other job would you have?
If money was no object, I would coach gymnastics during day time for a few hours while kids were in school.
 
4. What do you like about your best friend?
She tells me like it is regardless if I want to hear it. If there is something green in my teeth or if what I’m wearing is just not right, I will know about it. She may not agree with all my decisions, but at the end of the day supports whatever route, path I chose to take.
 
5. What “lesson from you mom” do you still live by today?
Healthy style for sure must be at the top. I grew up knowing how to read food labels at a very young age – knowing calories, complex carbohydrates, percentage of sodium one should take in, and grams for sugar in every day foods (needless to say, I did not get to explore Fruity Pebbles until much later than life!).
 
6. What’s the one thing you want to accomplish before you die?
Skydive!!! I'd love to jump out of a plane - although I may need a subtle push.

7. If you could spend a week anywhere in the world, where would it be?
A week touring the castles of Ireland would be a dream come true.
 
8. What’s the most unusual thing in your desk drawer?
Plain rice cakes. Exciting, I know.
 
9. Do you have a pet? 
I have three cats. Target - Who was brought home as a runt and then exploded in size immediately; Molly – My pound cat who only has only 1 claw (we thought of naming her “Hook”), overweight and has patches of hair missing from obsessively cleaning; Steve – a one-year old kitten who was brought in from the streets. 

10. What’s the most unusual place you have visited?
Because I moved around quite a bit, I had the opportunity to live in Anchorage, Alaska for approximately three years. Nothing like seeing a moose (or several) on the roads trying to get to school! Cities nearby would hold festivals that centered around “Moose Nuggets”. I’m still trying to wrap my head around that one!
 
11. What 5 songs best describe you or the soundtrack to your life?
  1. Vanilla Ice – Ice Ice Baby
  2. Stronger – Kelly Clarkson
  3. So What – Pink
  4. Queen – Right Now
  5. Working 9-5 – Dolly Parton

No comments:

Post a Comment